The 2018 NextGen Fellowship application is now open. Applications are due by Friday, February 16th.
The NextGen Fellowship is a ten-week summer program for undergraduate physical science, materials science, computer science, mathematics, and engineering students interested in learning cutting-edge data science and data management skills.
This fully-funded fellowship is an excellent opportunity to engage with top academic research scientists as well as gain exposure to the start-up world. Fellows will receive training and support from data scientists and data engineers at Citrine Informatics, a Bay Area start up in materials informatics.
- Ideal for undergraduate students with an interest in materials science, data science, and scientific research
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Previous research and/or data science experience preferred but not required
- $5000 NextGen Fellowship financial award
- Mentorship with Citrine Informatics’ Data Science and Data Engineering Teams
- Extensive training in data management and data science
- Opportunity to publish with research group and/or Citrine
- Experience working in a university research lab
- Fully funded visit(s) to Citrine’s headquarters in the Bay Area (Redwood City, CA)
- Opportunity to share your work with other researchers at end-of-summer symposium